Facebook youtube
TrainTeamBerlin

BR294 PlusPack not working

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello TTB,

I am writing in English as my German is not good at all; I mean no disrespect by this and hope you will understand.

Yesterday and the day before I purchased the following from TTB: all PlusPacks as well as the Scenario Packet 02: Munich-Augsburg.

In addition I registered all products with Halycon and downloaded the updates for same. Everything worked perfectly with 2 exceptions:

1. Sometimes pressing key "P" or "Shift-P" to raise or lower the pantograph does not work; you must do this over and over again before it finally engages.

2. The BR294 PlusPack does not work at all. The engine is not running and there is no way to start it. In addition, you cannot change the gear by pressing "E" or "Shift-E". I've tried this pack both with the basic v.1.0 installer as well as adding the v.1.1 Update; in both cases the engine simply does not run.

All other pluspacks work including SiFa and PZB, and the sounds are fantastic. Please help me to get the 294 working!

Best regards,

Shawmut

So sorry, I just found out (via a YouTube video) that key "Z" starts the engine. Then all is well. Somehow, I missed that in the documentation. Oh well, again please pardon my ignorance.

Best regards,

Shawmut

Hi Shawmut,

I am glad to read that you got the addon working. As the key Z is part of the TS 2019 default keyboard layout used for switching engines on/off, it is not mentioned in the manual.

Is your first problem concerning the pantographs solved, too? Manually started file checks or Steam updates for TS2019 can lead to deactivated files, see: https://trainteam.berlin/forum/index.php?/topic/1374-faq-railworks-pluspacks/&do=findComment&comment=11428 But your description sounds more like there was a poor framerate so that TS may did not get the key pressed properly (when it's done for a short time)?

Best regards,
Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for responding quickly to my query; it's always nice to know that a vendor actually cares about his customers. In regards the addon, yes, all is now working. I still have some problems with the pantograph operation, but I think that is due to my 10-year old keyboard. Framerates are fine, even on detailed routes like Hagen-Siegen v.3. 

In sum, all is well and I am very satisfied with my purchases; the amount of rolling stock that comes with the Scenario Pack 02 is simply outstanding. Whole yards can be filled with all of that stock! 

Best regards from Boston, Mass.

Shawmut